Our goal is to successfully resolve your complaint as soon as possible.
Please keep in mind that time (in days) allows us to work with the business on your behalf.
You complaint will be sent to the business in:
1-5 calendar days from the date you filed the complaint
The business will be asked to respond in:
10 calendar days from the date you filed the complaint
You will be notified of the business response:
When we receive it
If the business fails to respond, you and the business will be notified:
31-35 calendar days from the date you filed the complaint
Complaints are usually closed within:
35 calendar days from the date you filed the complaint
The following criteria should apply before proceeding with the complaint process:
1. The consumer should have contacted the business at least once to resolve the issue.
2. The complaint should be filed with the BBB that handles the service area where the business is headquartered.
3. The complaint must meet BBB National Complaint Acceptance Guidelines.
4. The BBB does not handle complaints that involve:
· Landlord/tenant disputes
· Employee/business disputes
· Discrimination claims
· Civil Rights claims
· Allegations of criminal acts
· Chapter 7 bankruptcy cases
· Claims already tried in a court of law
· Cases that are already in litigation
· Companies that are out of business
· Situations involving professional malpractice or criminal activity
· The BBB does not collect debts or file for punitive damages
· Issues based solely on dissatisfaction with a business's price
· Buyers remorse
1. Your complaint cannot be changed, edited or deleted once it has been submitted.
2. An exact copy of your complaint will be sent to the business.
1. Complaint opened
2. Complaint sent to business for a response
3. Response received, and consumer is notified or no response is received and consumer is notified
4. Consumer may not agree with the business response and provide additional comments and file a rebuttal within 10 calendar days
5. Case is closed and consumer is notified
A complaint can be filed, by completing a complaint form, via one of the following two methods:
1. Better Business Bureau web site
2. Contacting the Better Business Bureau for a complaint form at email@example.com or at 414-847-6000 (metro Milwaukee), 920-734-4352 (NE Wisconsin) or 800-273-1002 (elsewhere in Wisconsin).
Once the complaint is processed it is sent to the business, the business has a total of 30 calendar days to respond.
When the response is received from the business, by the BBB, it is entered into our complaint management system and forwarded to the consumer.
A letter is sent (via mail or e-mail) to the consumer stating the business's response.
If the BBB does not receive a response after 10 calendar days a reminder letter with another copy of the complaint is sent to business. The business has 9 calendar days to respond.
If a response is not received from the business within 7 days, a phone call is placed to the business for a response.
If the business does not respond within that time (30 calendar days), the complaint is closed and the BBB Business Review for that business indicates that the complaint went unanswered.
If the business is Accredited by BBB, it is required to respond to complaints presented by the BBB in accordance with BBB Accreditation Standards. If a member business fails to answer the complaint, its BBB Accreditation is subject to suspension – pending revocation.
A letter is also sent to the business confirming that the response has been received and the case is closed.
The complaint is used to assist in developing the BBB Business Review on the business.