Planning a vacation this summer, and considering boarding Fido in a kennel? The BBB has some advice to keep you out of the Dog House.
- Check the kennel out with the Better Business Bureau first at bbb.org to make sure that they have a good track record.
- Ask your friends, neighbors, veterinarian or local animal shelters for recommendations.
- Personally visit the facilities.
- Check for cleanliness and offensive odors, and note the overall safety of the kennel and cages.
- Make sure the facility requires that all entering pets have proof of immunization and ask about their policies regarding flea and tick control.
- Also consider going to a kennel that is associated with a vet clinic to assure your pet is watched more closely.